Search This Blog

Saturday 13 April 2013

Easter get away

Weather forecast was snow and blizzards, so quite happy to be driving down to Bude for a 5 nights in the caravan, instead of camping

Homer was impeccably behaved for the 230 mile journey. I didn't hear a murmur. In fact he was worryingly quiet. Too quiet.  I knew it was a stupid idea packing the dog provisions in the back with him....

 
First night I stayed at my daughters in Plymouth. Looking out of the bedroom window I decided to keep a low profile from the neighbours. Having looked at their washing line I can only surmise that the BFG lives in the neighbourhood
 
 
Next day we took a trip out to Paignton & Torquay. Quick walk on the beach then we drove to Cockington Village.  I saw a picture and it looked quaint, so was a good enough reason to take a visit.
 
Cockington Village

There are probably about 6 houses in the entire village but it was pretty. And they sold cream teas, which was good enough for us


We managed to convince Matt that it wasn't freezing and sitting outside was a nice idea (he wasn't convinced)

 
 
 
So stuffed up with cream teas (even this was a debate as to whether devon or cornwall cream teas tasted better. The difference being devon is cream then jam and cornwall is jam first), we took a walk up to the craft centre
 
(Just to point out Devon and Cornwall cream teas actually tasted remarkably similar regardless of jam order)
 
At the top we found the horses who trot round with a carriage in the village.
 
 
I decided it was a good idea to offer the dark brown horse (cue for horsey people to tut and say the chesnut blah blah blah) some blackcurrant clotted cream ice cream cone. So after several attempts where I was convinced he really wanted my fingers, he finally ate it

But there was a problem then cos his ginger mate was most put out he never had any ice cream


So we robbed Matts ice cream and they were both happy horses (Matt wasn't so happy losing his mint choc chip)

Had a quick look round the gallerys and crafty places (dont ask me i dont know what it is either)



Quick nose at the glass centre...


and the forge (dont get too excited about the forge, you have loads of these to come....)


Then a drive into Torquay


We did the famous sights of Torquay (a chip shop and Debenhams), then travelled back to Plymouth

Homer after doing a bit of groundwork established who bought the sausages in the house. So tested his charming wiles on Matt...I'm not sure Matt will be rushing out to buy a labrador anytime soon...


Easily bored Homer was full of subtle bright ideas...


And so the next day, I drove up to Bude to the caravan for a few nights...



No comments:

Post a Comment

CRAFTY POST - My revolting conservatory-camping-store-room, really needed a makeover....

Finished!  So I get asked, where do I store all my camping kit? The answer is everywhere...attic...shed...trailor....cam...